Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Do You Remember The Oath You Took ?

We may all want to think about the Oath we took as Americans when we entered military service or Public Office. Essentially, the format and requirement has not changed since 1775. Given the recent conduct of our President and members of Congress, it is time for all sovereign citizens to reevaluate our Oath and what it requires of us as honorable people before God and man.

Any thinking person applying reason, logic and common sense who possesses any stitch of ethics or morality can properly conclude that our President and the majority of our members of Congress are all operating and conducting themselves in direct violation of their Oath of Office. Only the American People themselves can hold their duly elected public servants and officials accountable. We must hold ourselves accountable for our own actions or inactions during these challenging times.

Certainly we should expect all military and public officials, regardless of stripe, to uphold their oaths or otherwise be subject to statutory and proper sanctions accorded to us by Law. Further, it is our own individual responsibility and not that of the courts to make the determination as to who are, in fact, Foreign and Domestic Enemies. Courts, judicial officers including attorneys and all public servants are subject to the same Oaths. Only you, the Citizen, can make a determination as to their conduct and loyalty to that oath. Our future depends directly upon to what degree we that this responsibility seriously, equitably and judicially. Good reading follows:

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God." (Title 10, US Code; Act of 5 May 1960 replacing the wording first adopted in 1789, with amendment effective 5 October 1962).

"I, _____ (SSAN), having been appointed an officer in the Army of the United States, as indicated above in the grade of _____ do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign or domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservations or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office upon which I am about to enter; So help me God." (DA Form 71, 1 August 1959, for officers.)

5 U.S.C. Sec. 3331 Oath of office (Normally used throughout Ohio and for All Attorneys and Judges)

An individual, except the President, elected or appointed to an office of honor or profit in the civil service or uniformed services, shall take the following oath:

"I, ________, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God."

This section does not affect other oaths required by law.


No comments: